Thursday, September 29, 2011

Follow-Up...

Just a little self-validating follow up for a couple of blog entries....

Creepy Kids:
I was perusing the interwebs (interwebs, by the way, is my favorite obnoxious term for the internet), and I came across a slideshow called "18 Creepy Movie/TV Kids", and lo and behold, a good majority of my own creepy kids made it on the list!  Granted, some of the kids were not the same "version" of the kids on my list.  Like, they had the new Omen child, and I had the original one.  And vice versa on Village of the Damned.  But, still, these listmakers obviously know their creepy kids...

All-Natural:
I read an article saying that people are suing companies over the use of the label "all natural" as basically being fraud against consumers.  The article notes that the FDA has not really defined "all natural," and has only said that it's anything that is "not artificial or synthetic".  But, of course, what is the difference between those and how are they defined?  In my blog post on the topic, I posited that it was almost impossible to define "all natural" in a way that could be uniformly applied.

So, I say... good luck with that, FDA.  Enjoy the lawsuits.  How about we just ban the use of the term "all natural"?  Problem solved!

Judgmental Librarian:
A few weeks ago, we went out with some friends that live close to us, and we got to talking about books.  I said that I had been reading a lot, getting books from the county library.  My friend said that he always hates going to the library because he feels like one of the librarians is critiquing his book selection when he checks out.  I said, "I completely know who you mean.  Is it the guy?  Because he is so unpleasant."  He replied, "Yes!  I definitely know who you are talking about."  I informed him of the new self check-out, and he was very pleased to not have to deal with Judgmental Librarian, as well.

I felt so validated.

And, also, what is better than avoiding Judgmental Librarian with self check-out?  Checking out e-books on my Nook and completely avoiding any contact with the actual library at all!  Also, there is no way you can forget to return an e-book because it just disappears at the end of the rental period.  Magic!  Technology!

Orby, Our Backyard Spider:
I am sad to report that, due to gale force winds in a recent storm, Orby has disappeared.  I am sad to report this for two reasons:  1. I never got to see him eat a cricket (thought, we did feed him a fly, and it was just as awesome as I had imagined it would be), and  2. He could be anywhere now... and will undoubtedly scare the bejeesus out of me when I find him... or his progeny...

No comments:

Post a Comment