Sunday, January 29, 2012

"The" List.

If you have ever been in a relationship, you know what list I'm talking about.  The list.  The list of people that, if given the chance, your spouse has to allow you to "have your chance" with.  Like, if my husband had a shot with Jessica Alba, I would have to allow it.  And I say that with full confidence that he will never ever be presented with that chance.  But, if he were given the chance, I couldn't say no.  Because it is so improbable, I would have to let him take his chance.  What kind of wife would I be to crush his dreams like that?  Maybe I'm a nice wife... or maybe I just know who's on my list, too.  Wink, wink.  These lists are obviously completely meaningless because how often do my husband or I meet celebrities?  Gary Sinise was on our flight once, as was Miss-ter Muscle Beach.  Other than that, I'd say neither of us is in any danger of getting the chance to test the list.

Regardless, I am always working on my list in my head... all of these celebrities jockeying for position. One week they're up, the next they're down.  The list is ever-changing.  Sometimes we talk about our lists, but whether or not we talk about them... we know they're there.  And, right now, this is my list, in no particular order.  I really had to give this a lot of thought to narrow it down, but here goes.


1.  Armie Hammer.




Ok, I looked through about 200 pictures to find the perfect representation of the attractiveness of Armie Hammer.  Seriously, he is almost too attractive, like he's not a real person.  He is that perfect balance of pretty and masculine.  The fact that he's 6'5 doesn't hurt... nor does the fact that he comes from "old money."  He wears his hair kind of goofy, but he basically has everything else going for him.  The eyes, the jawline, the teeth, the height... he's pretty dreamy.  If you haven't heard, he is playing the Prince in one of the new Snow White films... which has to be the most perfect casting decision in history.  Right up there with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy, and that's saying something.  Plus, his name is Armie Hammer.  That's his real name.  He was totally meant to be an object of lust for women everywhere.  Ok, I must stop staring at his overwhelming beauty and move on...


2.  Joe Manganiello


Can you see this picture?  Enough said.  As ridiculous as the show True Blood is, what I think is the most unrealistic part of the show is that Sookie hasn't chosen to be with Alcide (Joe Manganiello).  No one would pass up this hunk of a man.  Like my lover Armie, he is also 6'5... only buffer.  There is no "pretty" about him... he is all man.  I don't usually go for the beefy, brooding male, but I make an exception for Joe.  He still has an attractive face to go with the body, but the body is obviously the main event here.  I didn't post a gratuitous shot of his abs (believe me, they're great... google him).  Instead I chose a pose that relayed his raw sex appeal.  He just oozes masculinity.  Move over, Sookie... I will gladly take your cast-offs...


3.  Dan Stevens


Chances are you have no idea who this is... unless you watch the most recent period TV drama hit Downton Abbey.  I have a weakness for period dramas, and a bigger weakness for the British men in them.  Put a decent looking British man in period clothes and throw him into the fictional lap of luxury and propriety, and I can't help but swoon.  Now, admittedly, Dan Stevens is more cute than "hot," but he is so darn cute.  And, he has a British accent.  And ridiculously blue eyes.  For now, he has jockeyed into the spot on the list that used to be occupied by my other British period drama love... Colin Firth.  Yes, I am sad to admit that Colin has perhaps gotten a little too old for me.  If I could magically transform him back into Mr. Darcy of 15 years ago, now, that would be another story.  But, sorry Colin... Dan has you beat.  And, he looks pretty dashing in all his little outfits on the show... tuxes, suits, military dress.  Early 1900s apparel is much kinder to men than is 1800s.  No frilly shirts.  I predict a bright future for this one.  Powers-that-be:  please keep casting him in things that I can watch.  Thank you.


4.  The entire male cast of Vampire Diaries


It may not be the entire male cast, but it's pretty close.  Pictured above are my 8 top choices from the show. We have a mix of good guys, bad guys, vampires, werewolves, humans, the teacher, the little brother... you name it, he's hot.  I had too much trouble narrowing down my choices here, so I erred on the side of caution and threw everyone in.  Even the one I don't find particularly that attractive (Zach Roerig, upper right corner)... just for good measure.  Had to even out the rows.  Ok, I will name them all in clockwise order, starting at top left:  Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Michael Trevino, Zach Roerig, Daniel Gillies, Steven R. McQueen, Matt Davis, Joseph Morgan.  And, no I didn't have to look any of those names up, and yes, I am a teenage girl.  My husband even bought me a Vampire Diaries poster with Ian Somerhalder on it.  And, it may or may not be sitting right by my vanity where I get ready every morning.  They don't call him Ian "Smolder"halder for nothing.  That CW knows how to treat a girl to some major eye candy.  Thank you, CW and Vampire Diaries casting director.  And may I suggest more shirtless scenes for all male characters...?


5.  Chris Hemsworth


I was going to just put "the Hemsworth brothers" but decided I couldn't do another multi-man choice after my Vampire Diaries mega-pick.  So, I picked the hotter Hemsworth (and the one not dating Miley Cyrus... ew).  It is a major travesty that he was only shirtless like ONCE in the entire Thor movie.  Seriously?  Why have him buff up if you aren't going to give the women gratuitous abs?!  Oh well.  I still hold out hope for Thor 2 or the Avengers movies.  More abs, please.  I couldn't even tell you if he's been in anything besides Thor (except that short Star Trek appearance).  But, I can tell you that he looked good in Thor.  I watched it twice.  Now I kind of want to watch it again remembering how good he looked.  The movie wasn't even that good, but it held my attention, that's for sure.  I find that as I get older, I appreciate a manly man more and more (though, granted, Chris Hemsworth has a good looking mug, too).  In high school, it was the girly pretty boys... but, no more.  Must be an evolutionary progression of some kind.  I should research this... with more pictures of men.



You know how much I like round numbers... so 5 sounds like a good place to cut it off.  Though, technically speaking, it's more like 12 with all of those Vampire Diaries men.  But, really, only 11 because I just included the 8th one to balance the rows of pictures.  So, he barely counts.  Now that I think about it, however, 12 is a good round number, too.  Maybe he does count.  A dozen sounds good.  A baker's dozen sounds good, too, so perhaps I should have included that other Hemsworth brother...

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on Joe (that's the best reason for watching True Blood) and the guys from Vampire Diaries. I swear that was how they cast those guys! They just went on a super-hot guy search! Who cares if they can act? LOL (Not to say they can't...just that they really don't need to)!

    ReplyDelete